Video apps, especially Short Video apps are attractive and popular these days. Especially amongst the youth. Whether you want to create short videos for WhatsApp status or you want to entertain others with your creativity, the short video creation app will make it easy for you. For this, you don’t need to be a professional editor to use these applications because these apps are very easy to use due to their inbuilt features and so many integrated options.
Following the bad diplomatic relations and border disputes with China, the Indian govt banned many Chinese popular short video apps like TikTok, Likee, Vigo Video, etc. in the meantime many Indian apps have been launched in competition with Chinese apps. Chingari, MX TakaTak, Moj, Josh, Trell are some of them. Instagram also launched its own section for short videos named Reels. YouTube also gave a similar function named YouTube Shorts and many more apps were launched after the ban of TikTok in India. Here is the list of the best short video apps.
Ashneer Grover says paying tax is a punishment …
Here are the top 10 short video apps in India. Please note that the popularity of these apps may change over time, so it’s always a good idea to check for the latest rankings.
- TikTok: TikTok gained immense popularity in India before it was banned in the country in June 2020. However, it may have been reinstated or replaced by similar platforms by the time you read this.
- MX TakaTak: MX TakaTak is a short video app developed by MX Player. It offers a wide range of video editing features and has gained popularity as an alternative to TikTok.
- Josh: Josh is another popular short video app in India that emerged after the ban on TikTok. It features a vast collection of user-generated content, including lip-syncing, dancing, and comedy videos.
- Moj: Developed by ShareChat, Moj is a homegrown short video app that offers a platform for users to create and share entertaining videos in various Indian languages.
- Roposo: Roposo is an Indian short video app that gained popularity as an alternative to TikTok. It allows users to create and share videos in multiple languages and offers various video editing tools.
- Chingari: Chingari is a Made in India short video app that gained significant attention after the TikTok ban. It offers a wide range of video categories, including trending news, entertainment, and more.
- Mitron: Mitron is another homegrown short video app that gained popularity due to the TikTok ban. It provides users with an easy-to-use platform for creating and sharing short videos.
- Trell: Trell is a lifestyle video-sharing app where users can share short videos related to travel, food, fashion, and more. It has gained a considerable user base in India.
- ShareChat: Although primarily a regional social networking platform, ShareChat also offers a short video feature that allows users to create and share videos in various Indian languages.
- Bolo Indya: Bolo Indya is a short video and knowledge-sharing app that allows users to create and share videos on a wide range of topics, including education, motivation, and lifestyle.
Please note that the short video app landscape in India is constantly evolving, and the popularity and availability of these apps may have changed since my last knowledge update. It’s always a good idea to check the latest information and app store rankings to get the most up-to-date list of popular short video apps in India.