Appointment reaffirms Visa ’s commitment to supporting clients & partners and accelerating growth in consumer payments and commerce in Pakistan
Karachi: Visa, the world leader in digital payments, has announced the appointment of Umar Khan who will lead its operations in the country in his new role as Country Manager for Pakistan.
In this role, Umar will be based in Karachi and will be responsible for developing and executing on Pakistan’s market strategy and supporting clients and government partners in meeting growing demand for seamless, secure digital payments. Umar brings over 20 years of global and cross-industry experience, serving in several senior and leadership roles in markets such as Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary, Myanmar, Thailand, and Pakistan.
Commenting on Umar’s appointment, Leila Serhan, Visa’s Senior Vice President and Group Country Manager for the North Africa, Levant, and Pakistan (NALP) region said “Umar is joining Visa in Pakistan at a time of significant opportunity in payments, commerce, and money movement. He will be instrumental in continuing to build on our strong momentum and delivering at the highest level to support our clients and partners. We are delighted to have a leader of Umar’s caliber managing our Pakistan operations.”
Visa has been at the forefront of digital transformation and payment technology innovation across the region. This appointment strengthens Visa’s commitment in Pakistan especially as it relates to driving financial inclusion, supporting a cashless economy, and strengthening its regional leadership.
- Spotify the Most Downloaded Audio Streaming App in Pakistan for 2022The music streaming app Spotify recently crossed 200 million paid subscribers globally with the overall listener base expected to cross 500 million by March 2023. Karachi, February 03: According to a recent report published by Data Darbar, an independent market intelligence platform, Spotify has made up more than half of all 23.5 million app downloads […]
- MCB partners with Telenor to facilitate its digital banking customersMCB Bank Limited, one of Pakistan’s leading banks, has entered into a strategic partnership with Telenor Pakistan, a leading telecommunication services provider, to facilitate its digital banking customers with greater access to Telenor Pakistan’s prepaid recharge services, special bundles, and post-paid services. Bank Alfalah kept its growth trajectory in 2022 Under the partnership, MCB Live […]
- realme 10 Pro 5G Coca-Cola Edition to Launched on February 10thThe world’s fastest growing smartphone brand, realme, announced its collaboration with Coca-Cola® and introduced its first Coca-Cola edition smartphone, the realme 10 Pro 5G Coca-Cola Edition, which will be launched on February 10th, 2023. Mobile phone manufacturing industry to get boost under CPEC: Murtaza realme will Launch its First Coca-Cola® Edition Smartphone This customized edition […]
- Bank Alfalah kept its growth trajectory in 2022The Board of Directors of Bank Alfalah Limited (BAFL), in its meeting held on February 2, 2023, approved the Bank’s financial results for year ended December 31, 2022. The Bank posted profit after tax growth of 28.1% compared to last year, standing at Rs. 18.206 billion. This translates into earnings per share (EPS) of Rs. […]
- Fatima Fertilizer teams up with Multan Sultans for PSL season 8Lahore: Fatima Fertilizer signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) agreement with Multan Sultans, renewing their partnership for the eighth season of PSL which is due to start on February 13, 2023. The agreement was signed by Haider Azhar, Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Multan Sultans and Rabel Sadozai, Director of Sales and Marketing at Fatima […]