Appointment reaffirms Visa ’s commitment to supporting clients & partners and accelerating growth in consumer payments and commerce in Pakistan
Karachi: Visa, the world leader in digital payments, has announced the appointment of Umar Khan who will lead its operations in the country in his new role as Country Manager for Pakistan.
Sevak: The Confessions Comes to An End, Leaving Us Baffled
In this role, Umar will be based in Karachi and will be responsible for developing and executing on Pakistan’s market strategy and supporting clients and government partners in meeting growing demand for seamless, secure digital payments. Umar brings over 20 years of global and cross-industry experience, serving in several senior and leadership roles in markets such as Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary, Myanmar, Thailand, and Pakistan.
Fly Emirates to Dubai, get free tickets to 3 much-loved attractions in the UAE
Commenting on Umar’s appointment, Leila Serhan, Visa’s Senior Vice President and Group Country Manager for the North Africa, Levant, and Pakistan (NALP) region said “Umar is joining Visa in Pakistan at a time of significant opportunity in payments, commerce, and money movement. He will be instrumental in continuing to build on our strong momentum and delivering at the highest level to support our clients and partners. We are delighted to have a leader of Umar’s caliber managing our Pakistan operations.”
First HABIB METRO Sirat Islamic Banking Summit held in Karachi
Visa has been at the forefront of digital transformation and payment technology innovation across the region. This appointment strengthens Visa’s commitment in Pakistan especially as it relates to driving financial inclusion, supporting a cashless economy, and strengthening its regional leadership.
- foodpanda Partners with PSO DIGICASH to Empower Delivery Riders
– Advertisement — Advertisement -foodpanda Pakistan has announced its strategic partnership with PSO DIGICASH, a fuel management solution by Pakistan State Oil (PSO). This collaboration is aimed at empowering foodpanda’s delivery riders with exclusive benefits and incentives through PSO’s DIGICASH fuel management platform. – Advertisement — Advertisement – Introduced in 2019, PSO’s DIGICASH offers comprehensive… Read more: foodpanda Partners with PSO DIGICASH to Empower Delivery Riders
- Mashreq Bank Pakistan Limited appointed Muhammad Hamayun Sajjad
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Mashreq Bank Pakistan Limited has appointed Muhammad Hamayun Sajjad as its new Chief Executive Officer. In his new role, Muhammad Hamayun will be responsible for defining and overseeing the country’s overall strategy and management across all business lines to drive growth through cross-selling and collaboration. His mandate includes advancing… Read more: Mashreq Bank Pakistan Limited appointed Muhammad Hamayun Sajjad
- Punjab Government Builds Nursing College and Hostel
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Punjab Government Allocates Rs. 88.6 Million for Reconstruction of Nursing College and Hostel The Punjab government has approved a total of Rs. 88.6 million for the reconstruction and repair of the nursing college and hostel at Amir Ud Din Medical College. Of this, Rs. 76 million will… Read more: Punjab Government Builds Nursing College and Hostel
- BISP partners with six banks to expand payment system
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -BISP serves 9.3 mln beneficiaries ISLAMABAD (APP): In a landmark development, the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) signed an agreement with six banks for disbursement of funds among its 9.3 Million beneficiary households in a ceremony held here Wednesday. The agreement was signed in an… Read more: BISP partners with six banks to expand payment system
- Mr. Huo Junli, CEO ZONG, Visits Chairman PTA to discuss the future of Telecom in Pakistan
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Zong ’s Chief Executive Officer Mr. Huo Junli, Chief Technical Officer Lu Jianhui, Chief Regulatory Office Kamran Ali met with Chairman PTA Maj Gen (R) Hafeez Ur Rehman on 21st February 2024 at the PTA Headquarters Islamabad. Jubilee Life & SEED Ventures… Read more: Mr. Huo Junli, CEO ZONG, Visits Chairman PTA to discuss the future of Telecom in Pakistan