FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp has appointed Woon Tien Long (pic) as the new Managing Director of FedEx Express Malaysia. He succeeds Chong Siang Chung, who retired from FedEx after 19 years.
Woon joined FedEx Express Malaysia in 2010 as Senior Engineer for Planning and Engineering. He was promoted to Senior Manager of Operations in 2015 and was responsible for business development in the Northern and Eastern regions of the country. In 2019, he was appointed Managing Director of FedEx Express Thailand, where he led key service enhancements. This includes introducing the first electric delivery vehicle with zero tailpipe emissions and a sustainability initiative to recycle courier uniforms. He was instrumental in strengthening the team’s culture, which has helped the company earn the title of “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” in 2021 and 2022.
In his new role, Woon will lead a team of nearly 900 team members in Malaysia. He will continue to oversee FedEx operations in Thailand until his successor is announced.
- WadzPay’s Dubai Entity Receives VASP Licence from VARA
– Advertisement — Advertisement -WadzPay’s Dubai entity receives Virtual Asset Service Provider (VASP) Licence from Dubai’s Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority Issuance of licence is subject to meeting pre-operating requirements and qualifications for operational approval DUBAI: WPME Technology, the Dubai-based entity of WadzPay, a leading fintech company specialising in blockchain based technology for virtual assets announced… Read more: WadzPay’s Dubai Entity Receives VASP Licence from VARA
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink Achieves Breakthrough
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Human Patient Controls Computer with Thoughts Elon Musk’s brain-machine interface company, Neuralink, has reached a significant milestone. Musk announced on Twitter that the first human patient implanted with a Neuralink brain-chip is now able to control a computer cursor simply by thinking. The patient has reportedly made a “full… Read more: Elon Musk’s Neuralink Achieves Breakthrough
- Donors contribute SAR 1.40 billion for construction, renovation, and maintenance of mosques
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -The Saudi Ministry of Islamic Affairs says that last year, 459 requests from voluntary donors for the construction and renovation of mosques in different areas of the kingdom were approved.According to Sabak News, one billion and 40 crore riyals were provided by the donors for the construction,… Read more: Donors contribute SAR 1.40 billion for construction, renovation, and maintenance of mosques
- Mashreq Bank’s Profits Soar by 130% to AED 8.6 Billion in 2023
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Fueled by Business Expansion and Client Focus Mashreq, a prominent bank in the UAE, unveiled its fiscal year 2023 financial achievements, highlighting its dedication to prioritizing clients and achieving operational superiority. The bank’s net profit impressively climbed by 130% to an unparalleled AED 8.6 billion,… Read more: Mashreq Bank’s Profits Soar by 130% to AED 8.6 Billion in 2023
- Saudi Arabia’s Non-Oil Private Sector Shows Resilience with Strong Growth, According to PMI
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -In January, Saudi Arabia’s non-oil private sector exhibited a robust improvement, marked by a surge in business activity and new orders, as captured by the economic tracker, the Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI). The PMI, which stood at 55.4, signals economic expansion, reflecting the… Read more: Saudi Arabia’s Non-Oil Private Sector Shows Resilience with Strong Growth, According to PMI