Islamabad: Pakistan National Arts Council, Islamabad — Wednesday, January 6, 2023: Saadhay 14 August is all set to begin performances in Islamabad after successfully finishing 100 shows in Karachi. The play, which has been written by the eminent Anwar Maqsood and directed by Daawar Mehmood, was able to gather audiences from all walks of life, and individuals of all ages and genders. It drew packed houses from the first performance until the very last.
The famous play will be performed for the first time in Islamabad on January 7, 2023. The play, Saadhay 14 August which features some of the most well-known national figures from both the past and present, is a part of the trilogical series that was first staged as Pawnay 14 August, ten years ago. The series’ final chapter, Saadhay 14 August commemorates its conclusion. The play’s legendary writer, Anwar Maqsood states “This series is really close to my heart and was made while keeping something positive while also considering the current plight of the nation. We expect that Saadhay 14 August will receive the same level of support in Islamabad as it has in Karachi.”
According to M. Ahmed Shah, President – Arts Council of Pakistan, “Anwar Maqsood has actually brought theatre back to Pakistan, and when it is his screenplay, we are sure it will be adored and admired by the public and would draw huge crowds to the theatre.”
When questioned about his expectations for Islamabad, director Daawar Mehmood said: “Like Karachi, we hope to exceed the expectations of the crowd in Islamabad. The play has all the necessary ingredients for a successful theatrical presentation, including a superb script written by none other than Anwar Maqsood, outstanding acting, scenes and sets that were carefully built with attention to detail of each region being portrayed.”
From January 7th till February 7th 2023, the team will start performances in Islamabad. The play Saadhay 14 August is the perfect example of how a serious issue can be handled in a light-hearted, entertaining, and humorous manner while still capturing the audience’s attention.
- Chinese ecommerce giant Alibaba-backed Daraz cuts workforce by 11%KARACHI (Reuters , Feb 7) – Alibaba Group subsidiary, Daraz Group, an e-commerce platform, is reducing its workforce by 11% to prepare for the ‘current market reality’, the group’s CEO Bjarke Mikkelsen said in a letter to employees shared on the company website. Al Ghazi Tractors to Modernize its IT infrastructure through a SAP-Powered Digital […]
- Al Ghazi Tractors to Modernize its IT infrastructure through a SAP-Powered Digital TransformationKarachi: Topping a record-breaking year of market growth and success in management operations, Al Ghazi Tractors Limited, one of Pakistan’s largest agricultural equipment manufacturers, has begun a digital transformation and overhaul of its IT infrastructure with an investment of PKR 2 billion. With the integration of the state-of-the-art SAP S/4HANA, an innovative ERP solution, at […]
- LUMS students and recruiters network at annual Career Fair 2023LUMS recently hosted its milestone annual Career Fair 2023 in Lahore with the participation from notable organisations across multiple industries. Ranked as the top university in Pakistan by QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022, LUMS has a strong network of 1,600 recruiting partners that help students find placements. The Career Services Office (CSO) at the University […]
- Huawei Technologies with Awan Distribution and CDigital organized a Launch event of IdeaHub S2 in AJK, MuzaffarabadAzad Jammu Kashmir:- Huawei Technologies Pakistan, Awan Distribution and CDigital collaboratively organized the Launch event of Huawei Ideahub S2 at Pearl Continental, Muzaffarabad, Azad Jammu Kashmir. This launch ceremony was attended by Senior Minister AJK Khawaja Farooq Ahmed, Secretary Tourism AJK,Ms. Midhat Shehzad, Director AJK IT Board Dr. Khalid Rafique and other government officials. Awan […]
- Standard Chartered Bank launches SC Sahar Women’s AccountKarachi: Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Limited (SCBPL) has launched a special bank account for Women named ‘SC Sahar Women’s Account’. This innovative facility will cater to the evolving needs of the Bank’s female customers and reflects Standard Chartered’s focus on financial inclusion and empowerment of women. Largest E-Sports gaming competition ‘GameKey Arena’ semifinals are live […]