MMBL scores two awards by HR Metrics at GDEIB Awards 2023
Islamabad: HR Metrics has recognized Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL), Pakistan’s largest digital bank, for being a leader in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the following categories: Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) structure and implementation and work-life integration, flexibility, and benefits at the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Benchmarks (GDEIB) Awards 2023. The achievement highlights the Bank’s unwavering dedication to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all, especially women and differently-abled individuals, under its flagship Women Inspirational Network (WIN) program.
Bank of Punjab launched BOP e-Business Qarza for SMEs
Mobilink Microfinance Bank is part of the VEON group, a global digital operator that provides converged connectivity and online services across seven countries. As part of its digital operator strategy, VEON is transforming people’s lives, creating opportunities for greater digital inclusion, and driving economic growth across countries that are home to more than 8% of the world’s population.
GDEIB Awards highlight organizations that actively demonstrate inclusive behaviors in their everyday operations and have made significant contributions to improving DEI in workplaces. The awards are reviewed by D&I experts from around the world and focus on creating true inclusion by fostering a cultural shift and involving organizations and their people.
Infinix brings huge year end discounts
Speaking at the occasion, Chief Operating Officer MMBL, Sardar Mohammad Abubakr shared, “Inclusion – our mantra, is firmly anchored in MMBL’s business philosophy and the GDEIB Awards represent the Bank’s longstanding commitment to promoting diversity at all tiers of operations. The Bank is taking impactful measures under its flagship program, Women Inspirational Network (WIN) to encourage inclusive leadership and equal opportunities for women and differently-abled individuals nationwide, to foster financial inclusion for all.”
The story continues below | You might also like these
Also expressing his thoughts on this achievement, Muhammad Haroon Khan, Acting Chief People Officer said, “The recent recognition by HR Metrics reflects our commitment to responsible growth and diversification across all levels. At MMBL, we not only address the major challenges that hinder the nation’s ability to achieve inclusive growth but are constantly empowering the people at the heart of this organization- our customers and employees. We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are key levers for MMBL’s operational growth and facilitate the Bank to offer better solutions for all.”
ICAP Council Member Mr. M. Ali Latif Appointed as SBP’s Board Director
Through WIN and the Humqadam program, MMBL has gone above and beyond to nurture talent by empowering women and differently-abled individuals to overcome barriers that restrict their access to participation. In line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and State Bank of Pakistan (SBP’s) Banking on Equality Policy, MMBL has upskilled over 900 women by arranging training workshops and digital literacy programs. From targeted awareness campaigns to upskilling underrepresented minorities, MMBL is dedicated to transforming the digital banking ecosystem by building an inclusive environment across Pakistan.
- Google Strengthens Support for Pakistan’s App and Gaming Industry
– Advertisement — Advertisement -Google Celebrates Success of App Growth Lab Program, Reinforces Commitment to Empower Pakistan’s App and… Read more: Google Strengthens Support for Pakistan’s App and Gaming Industry
- Dinesh Phadnis, Inspector Fredericks in ‘CID,’ Passes Away at 57
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -In a somber turn of events, Dinesh Phadnis, beloved for his portrayal of… Read more: Dinesh Phadnis, Inspector Fredericks in ‘CID,’ Passes Away at 57
- Shoaib Malik Achieves a Milestone in T20 Cricket
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Shoaib Malik, the former captain of the Pakistan cricket team, has… Read more: Shoaib Malik Achieves a Milestone in T20 Cricket
- Pakistan Women Clinch T20 Series Against New Zealand
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -In a historic moment for Pakistan Women’s cricket, the… Read more: Pakistan Women Clinch T20 Series Against New Zealand
- Spotify to cut 1,500 jobs in third layoff round this year, shares jump
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -STOCKHOLM (Reuters 4 Dec 2023) – Music… Read more: Spotify to cut 1,500 jobs in third layoff round this year, shares jump