The Bank profit for the year 2022 increased to Rs 45.0 billion
The Board of Directors of Meezan Bank, approved the financial statements of the Bank and its consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2022. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Riyadh S.A.A. Edrees – Chairman of the Board, Mr. Faisal A. A. A. Al – Nassar – Vice Chairman of the Board was also present.
National Bank of Pakistan and State Life Insurance Corporation extending partnership
The Bank’s profit after tax for the year 2022 increased to Rs 45.0 billion compared to Rs 28.4 billion last year- a 59% growth. The Board has approved Rs 3 per share final cash dividend for the year 2022. This brings the total cash dividend payout for the year 2022 to Rs 8.50 (85%) per share as Rs 5.50 per share i.e., 55% interim cash dividend was already paid for the nine -month period. This is in addition to 10% bonus shares issued during the year. The Bank remains adequately capitalised with Capital Adequacy Ratio of 18.42% – well above minimum requirement of 12.00%.
Deposits of the Bank grew by 14% to Rs 1.66 trillion. The Bank added 60 new branches to its network bringing the total to 962 branches in 317 cities along with more than 1,000 ATMs. The Bank’s Mobile Banking App remains the highest-rated Mobile App in the banking industry on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Jazz enables TCF to impart digital-age skills to over 250,000 students
Total assets of the Bank crossed Rs 2.5 trillion, registering a 35% growth. Its Gross financings grew by 31%, crossing Rs 1 trillion with Gross Advances to Deposits Ratio (ADR) of 61% vs 53% last year.
Meezan Bank remained the most valuable bank in Pakistan in terms of market capitalization amongst all the listed banks. The Bank has entity ratings at ‘AAA/A-1+’ (Triple A/ A-One Plus) which denotes the highest credit quality with negligible risk factors with Stable outlook assigned by VIS Credit Rating Company Limited.
Bank of Punjab becomes first bank to disburse funds under PM Youth Loan Scheme
- Financial Crimes in the Digital Age
– Advertisement — Advertisement -Technological solutions and customer awareness can reduce financial crimes: Sirajuddin Technological solutions and customer awareness are two crucial aspects of combating the rising incidents of financial crimes across the country, said Federal Banking Ombudsman Sirajuddin Aziz.Speaking as a guest of honor at the conference” Financial Crimes in the Digital Age” organized… Read more: Financial Crimes in the Digital Age
- Mobilink Bank secures Best Bank for Inclusion Award at PBA 2023
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Pakistan Banking Awards (PBA) 2023, held at PC, Karachi Islamabad: Mobilink Bank has won the prestigious title of Best Bank for Inclusion at the Pakistan Banking Awards (PBA) 2023, held at Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi, on Friday, November 24. The accolade highlights the Bank’s outstanding contributions in promoting inclusive… Read more: Mobilink Bank secures Best Bank for Inclusion Award at PBA 2023
- JazzCash and Fatima Gobi Ventures Partner to Empower Pakistani Startups
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -JazzCash is a Leading Mobile Wallet with 54% Market Share (October 2023) Karachi: JazzCash and Fatima Gobi Ventures (FGV) have entered into a strategic partnership aimed at significantly boosting the growth of startups and emerging businesses in Pakistan. JazzCash, formerly known as MobiCash and currently holding a… Read more: JazzCash and Fatima Gobi Ventures Partner to Empower Pakistani Startups
- HBL inaugurated Islamic prestige lounge in GPO Haider Chowk, Rawalpindi
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Pakistan: HBL inaugurated its 8th Islamic Prestige Lounge located in GPO Haider Chowk, Rawalpindi. The Prestige footprint is now spread across 17 cities including an international footprint in Jumeirah, Dubai with plans to expand further. The inauguration of the lounge was done by Muhammad Aurangzeb,… Read more: HBL inaugurated Islamic prestige lounge in GPO Haider Chowk, Rawalpindi
- Islamic Finance Positioned to Facilitate the Nation’s Transition to Sustainable Finance, Says Director of State Bank of Pakistan
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: The Institute of Business Management’s (IoBM) two-day International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance (ICBIF) 2023 began. Focusing on the theme of “Sustainable Development and Islamic Finance: Examining the Role of Islamic Financial Institutions in Promoting Sustainable Economic Growth, Ethical Investments, and… Read more: Islamic Finance Positioned to Facilitate the Nation’s Transition to Sustainable Finance, Says Director of State Bank of Pakistan