Karachi: Visa (V): Visa, the world leader in digital payments, signed an MoU with WIZZIT to bring innovative payment solutions to Pakistan. According to the MOU, Visa will invest in adding new payment solutions through the WIZZIT mobile app that will provide, low cost, seamless and secure payment solutions including Tap to phone services for merchants and SMEs across the country for the first time in Pakistan.
Strategic partnership between Visa and WIZZIT aims to promote financial inclusion and digital transformation, and will facilitate digital payments across merchant network in Pakistan
TikTok launches ‘Aao Ker Dikhaen’ campaign in partnership with PMYP
The Tap to Phone service is aimed as a solution for low-cost acceptance for merchants especially as Pakistani consumers are increasingly indicating a preference to pay with digital payments over cash and 4 out of 5 consumers surveyed said they’d switch stores based on the payment methods offered . According to Visa’s 2021 Small Business recovery study, 79% of Pakistani SMEs saw digital payments as an important investment in business recovery.
When the Tap to Phone feature is enabled, merchants can quickly start accepting contactless payments as long as they have a smartphone running on the Android 7 platform or above, which is equipped with a near-field communications (NFC) chip and download the Tap to Phone application. Customers can then tap their contactless payment card or payment-enabled smartphone against the seller’s Tap to Phone-enabled device to make a payment.
In terms of payment security, there is no difference between Tap to Phone and a traditional hardware-based point-of-sale (POS) system, with a generated dynamic cryptogram verified by Visa in a matter of seconds.
Bilateral trade with Turkiye surpasses $ 1b in 11 months: FPCCI
Gideon van den Broek, Chief Commercial Officer of WIZZIT, said: “WIZZIT aims to apply the latest technology to provide seamless and secure payment solutions through “Tap-on-Phone”. He added: “Our company is constantly striving to find partners who can further our goal of providing a seamless experience and the best solutions to users. Thus, we are pleased to partner with Visa, as Visa’s extensive network is a key differentiating factor in giving our customers the greatest flexibility.”
Leila Serhan, Visa’s Senior Vice President and Group Country Manager for North Africa, Levant and Pakistan, said: “Visa is committed to supporting merchants and helping small businesses thrive and meet consumers’ demands in the digital economy age. Tap to Phone is a low cost digital payment tool, that enables SMBs to sustain and grow their business, considering 4 out of 5 consumers say they will switch stores if digital payments options are not available , contactless payment adoption is no longer simply an option for SMBs – it’s a necessity not only for survival but also for growth.”
Jazz partners with Kistpay to provide affordable smartphones with easy installments
SMBs have traditionally been lagging in accepting digital payments for a number of reasons including cost to entry. Visa innovations in low-cost solutions, such as Tap to Phone, are designed to support SMBs in their digital transformation goals by empowering them to provide a convenient, secure and seamless checkout experience to their customers and reduce their dependency on cash.
Telenor’s Apollo and Bookme.pk to Offer Ticket-Buying Convenience for Customers
You might also like
- Jubilee Life & SEED Ventures Host Fundraiser for Enterprise Challenge Pakistan
– Advertisement — Advertisement -Jubilee Life Insurance and SEED Ventures Host Enterprise Challenge Pakistan Fundraising Event Welcoming Distinguished Guests in Support Karachi:- Jubilee Life Insurance, the country’s largest private sector insurance company hosted a fundraising dinner for the Enterprise Challenge Pakistan (ECP), a national entrepreneurship competition for 14 – 18-year-old students, with distinguished guests in… Read more: Jubilee Life & SEED Ventures Host Fundraiser for Enterprise Challenge Pakistan
- realme Note 50 Available in Pakistan for PKR 23,499
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -In the rapidly evolving smartphone market of Pakistan, realme has made yet another impactful entry with the launch of its latest offering – the realme Note 50. Priced at an accessible PKR 23,499/-, the realme Note 50 stands out as an ‘Entry-Level Powerhouse’ offering a suite of features that… Read more: realme Note 50 Available in Pakistan for PKR 23,499
- Spotify Named Nimra Mehra EQUAL Pakistan Ambassador
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: In continuation of its efforts to showcase some of the most talented female voices from the country, Spotify has announced Nimra Mehra as the EQUAL Pakistan Ambassador for February 2024. Nimra, a rising star in the Pakistani music scene, has her track “Je Pata Hunda” featured… Read more: Spotify Named Nimra Mehra EQUAL Pakistan Ambassador
- D’ Educationist Hosts Successful Global Education Interact Expo’24 in Lahore
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -D’ Educationist Hosted a Successful Global Education Interact Expo’24 in Lahore, Guiding Aspiring Students Toward International Academic Excellence Lahore: In an effort to bring global education closer to Pakistani students, D’ Educationist, a leading overseas education consultant, successfully hosted the Global Education Interact Expo’24 in… Read more: D’ Educationist Hosts Successful Global Education Interact Expo’24 in Lahore
- Mobilink Bank witnesses 72% revenue growth
– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -With a revenue of PKR 41,053 million Mobilink Bank witnesses 72% revenue growth, championing inclusive banking for women and SMEs Islamabad:- Mobilink Bank achieved multiple financial milestones in 2023, solidifying its position in the banking industry. With a revenue of PKR 41,053 million,… Read more: Mobilink Bank witnesses 72% revenue growth