Lahore: An Undergraduate Open House was recently conducted at LUMS to provide prospective applicants with information about the academic opportunities and the admission process at the University. Students from 250 plus schools across Lahore and its vicinity participated in the event and interacted with the admission team, deans, and faculty members. As part of the two-day event, a free 1.5-day-long SAT/ACT testing workshop was also arranged so participants could learn some useful tips to boost their scores while preparing for the tests.
The Open House began with a welcome session by Dr. Tariq Jadoon, Vice Provost, LUMS. The prospective students were engaged in discussions on life at LUMS, the freedom given to students to ask questions and challenge the ordinary and how the University offers a healthy and empowered environment to study and interact with peers and teachers. A detailed panel discussion with the deans including Dr. Faisal Bari, Dean of Syed Ahsan Ali and Syed Maratib Ali School of Education, Dr. Ali Khan, Dean, Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dr. Sadaf Aziz, Dean, Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law along with faculty members of the five Schools was also arranged. This was followed by a question and answer session.
Huawei and OPPO Sign Global Patent Cross-licensing Agreement
Dr. Faisal Bari, Dean, Syed Ahsan Ali and Syed Maratib Ali School of Education (SOE) shared his views on the present education system of Pakistan by suggesting that professionals must join hands to introduce reforms to better the system and also expand the opportunities for the students across the country.
Meanwhile, Dr. Waqar Zaidi, Associate Professor, LUMS, said, “The employment landscape is changing; it is no longer true that you need to have a business degree to work in the corporate sector. Companies are looking for skilful people.”
The event was an excellent opportunity for future students to explore the programmes offered at LUMS and connect with the relevant personnel to get to know the innovative pedagogical offerings at the University. The students also got a chance to get familiar with the inclusive and diverse student life at LUMS. Interested students were able to discover more about financial aid options such as the National Outreach Programme (NOP) and need-based tuition fee waivers and loans. The event also included strategy, reading and comprehension sessions during the SAT/ACT workshop and a detailed campus tour.
A few alumni were also invited to share their experiences of their life at LUMS. While expressing his gratitude towards his teachers and peers who helped him excel in his personal and professional life; Syed Haroon, an NOP alumnus of BSc Economics (2013) shared how the scholarship programme changed his life. Haroon also motivated the participants to believe in their capabilities, give their hundred per cent and strive hard to reach where they wish to see themselves.
- TCL joins forces with Peshawar Zalmi for a high octane PSL Season 8TCL No.1 LED TV Brand in Pakistan, announced, that it will be partnering with Peshawar Zalmi for the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 8. This year, Pakistan’s star […]
- Despite the threat alert, how did the suicide bomber manage to enter the police line and take action?Despite the threat alert, how did the suicide bomber manage to enter the police line and take action?
- PTCL launches OTT Platform, ‘SHOQ’ to bring High Quality Video Streaming to PakistanKarachi: Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), a subsidiary of e&, (formerly known as Etisalat Group) has launched its new Over-The-Top (OTT) platform, SHOQ, to provide a superior and […]
- Bykea App Now Offering Telenor Balance Using Top-Up to DriversBykea is now offering Telenor Pakistan mobile top-ups through the Bykea App to drivers, who can now purchase the top-up or bundles for themselves and their customers. The […]
- KATI rejects rise in prices of petroleum productsPresident of Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI) Faraz-ur-Rehman in a statement on Monday rejected the recent increase in the prices of petroleum products and said that […]