Islamabad: Turkey and Pakistan’s leading digital operators, Turkcell and Jazz, part of VEON Group, collaborated to spread the latter’s instant free communication and life platform BiP in Pakistan. A memorandum of understanding (MoU) to this effect was signed today by Aamer Ejaz, Chief Digital Officer, Jazz and Gökhan Yüksektepe, BiP CEO.
BiP is an easy-to-use instant communication app that offers fast and secure messaging, high quality voice and video calls, secret messages, and instant translation. Designed to be an all-in-one super app, BiP also allows users the ease of discovering channels like food, sports, entertainment, and fashion. It is actively used in 192 countries and has reached nearly 99 million downloads.
Huawei and OPPO Sign Global Patent Cross-licensing Agreement
This collaboration between both these digital operators is an example of how tech diplomacy, can deepen, already close relations between both countries. By offering exclusive features like translation, BiP is a uniquely inclusive app that will aid communication and enable multilingual local masses to readily adopt its usage.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Murat Erkan, CEO Turkcell, said, “Expanding our digital services is a critical growth factor for Turkcell, as we try to deliver on the evolving needs of our customers. We strongly believe in the power of partnership and we look forward to collaborating with Jazz to expand BiP within the Pakistani market. This cooperation with Jazz is a milepost in achieving Turkey’s goal of boosting high-value-added technology transfer. Once BiP’s usage grows in Pakistan, we will look to extend this partnership model across other VEON countries as well. We are happy to contribute to the development of these countries’ digital economies.”
Groundbreaking of Jazz 5G Innovation Lab at NUST
Gökhan Yüksektepe, CEO BiP, said, “We are proud to announce that our communication and life platform BiP is gaining ground with Pakistani users. We are dedicatedly working towards our goal of making BiP a global communication application, providing customized local experiences to its users. Regarding this strategy, it is important for us to collaborate with a partner in the region like Jazz. Today, BiP and Jazz are starting a strategic partnership with the aim of increasing the penetration of BiP in Pakistan.”
“Messaging is a strategic application and a key enabler of our digital operator strategy,” explains Kaan Terzioğlu, Group CEO, VEON. “We aim to provide messaging solutions with a wide range of services in the countries we operate, offering high levels of security and enhancing the local technology economy. BiP is an excellent service that is already proven in different parts of the world and its expansion in Pakistan by Jazz will benefit both users and digital ecosystem.”
Aamir Ibrahim, CEO Jazz, said, “Our digital operator strategy focuses on serving as a lifestyle partner for 120 million mobile broadband users in Pakistan whether they want to perform financial transactions or stream TV shows, listen to music or buy insurance. With the launch of BiP, we are further strengthening our digital services portfolio and providing subscribers with a multi-purpose communication app.”
- Arçelik establishes a global Research and Development Center at NUST– Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: The parent company of Dawlance, Arçelik has established its second R&D center in Pakistan at the National University of […]
- Emirates embraces the spirit of the Holy Month with a thoughtful passenger journey– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: With the Holy Month of Ramadan expected to begin this week, Emirates is preparing thousands of Iftar […]
- CEJ-IBA’s ‘Click! The Digital News Ideathon’ draws audiences looking to bypass mainstream or legacy news media Revenue opportunities– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -KARACHI: Nearly 150 beginner, intermediate, established, and aspiring content creators gathered at the Centre for Excellence […]
- Khushhali Microfinance Bank Provides Educational Support to the Students of Haripur & Lala Musa– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading financial institution in Pakistan, which is […]
- Here is the Ending Ceremony of PSL Final Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars the Match 34 – HBL PSL 8 – Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Here is the Ending Ceremony of PSL Final Multan Sultans vs Lahore […]