The Bank profit for the year 2022 increased to Rs 45.0 billion
The Board of Directors of Meezan Bank, approved the financial statements of the Bank and its consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2022. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Riyadh S.A.A. Edrees – Chairman of the Board, Mr. Faisal A. A. A. Al – Nassar – Vice Chairman of the Board was also present.
National Bank of Pakistan and State Life Insurance Corporation extending partnership
The Bank’s profit after tax for the year 2022 increased to Rs 45.0 billion compared to Rs 28.4 billion last year- a 59% growth. The Board has approved Rs 3 per share final cash dividend for the year 2022. This brings the total cash dividend payout for the year 2022 to Rs 8.50 (85%) per share as Rs 5.50 per share i.e., 55% interim cash dividend was already paid for the nine -month period. This is in addition to 10% bonus shares issued during the year. The Bank remains adequately capitalised with Capital Adequacy Ratio of 18.42% – well above minimum requirement of 12.00%.
Deposits of the Bank grew by 14% to Rs 1.66 trillion. The Bank added 60 new branches to its network bringing the total to 962 branches in 317 cities along with more than 1,000 ATMs. The Bank’s Mobile Banking App remains the highest-rated Mobile App in the banking industry on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Jazz enables TCF to impart digital-age skills to over 250,000 students
Total assets of the Bank crossed Rs 2.5 trillion, registering a 35% growth. Its Gross financings grew by 31%, crossing Rs 1 trillion with Gross Advances to Deposits Ratio (ADR) of 61% vs 53% last year.
Meezan Bank remained the most valuable bank in Pakistan in terms of market capitalization amongst all the listed banks. The Bank has entity ratings at ‘AAA/A-1+’ (Triple A/ A-One Plus) which denotes the highest credit quality with negligible risk factors with Stable outlook assigned by VIS Credit Rating Company Limited.
Bank of Punjab becomes first bank to disburse funds under PM Youth Loan Scheme
- MMBL and iConsult form Strategic Partnership to Advance Financial Inclusion in Merged Districts– Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL) and International Consulting Associates (Pvt) Ltd. (iConsult) have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to broaden the horizon of financial inclusion for the residents of South Waziristan, North Waziristan, and Khyber Districts. The strategic partnership endeavors to bolster the financial well-being of individuals and communities […]
- Meezan Bank recognized as ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank in the World– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank and one of the largest banks in the country has been recognized as the global winner of ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank’ for 2022, by Islamic Finance News (IFN) of REDmoney Group, Malaysia. The Bank has also achieved a clean sweep of all […]
- Khushhali Microfinance Bank Provides Educational Support to the Students of Haripur & Lala Musa– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading financial institution in Pakistan, which is introducing global standards of banking for the economic growth of the country, while it has a broad-based ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR) program, to ensure the well-being of the wider community. Khushhali Microfinance Bank […]
- HABIBMETRO Bank, IDEMIA, and VISA kick off tokenization & digital card programme– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -KARACHI: In continuation of its innovation journey, HABIBMETRO, in collaboration with VISA, commenced its Tokenization & Digital Card programme by introducing IDEMIA as a solution provider in Pakistan. This initiative was taken to further enhance HABIBMETRO customers’ digital payment experience and make it more secure […]
- Meezan Bank & Fieldfisher Capital to extend Islamic Finance Advisory to Europe & Middle East– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Pakistan: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank, has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Fieldfisher Capital LLP (FFC) – a multi-disciplinary advisory service, under which both parties will collaborate to provide Shariah advisory services to international clients including, but not […]