KARACHI: K-Electric has requested NEPRA to pass a reduction of PKR 10.26 per unit in customer bills under Fuel Charges Adjustment (FCA) for the month of December 2022. This request has been made under the FCA mechanism governed by NEPRA. The FCA is reviewed every month as per the tariff regime applicable across the country and is usually applicable to the consumer’s bills for one month only.
Faysal Bank Limited Eyes on Growth through Automation
FCAs are dependent on changes in global prices of fuel and are passed on to consumer bills under the prescribed rules and regulations of NEPRA and the Government of Pakistan. For the past consecutive months, fuels such as RLNG and Furnace Oil have seen a consistent decrease in the global market which is enabling K-Electric to benefit its customer base. This is also possible due to the efficient and effective utilization of K-Electric ’s generation fleet to supply energy to Karachi.
The benefit of this reduction is likely to be passed on to customers in February 2023 bills. December’s FCA was lower primarily due to a reduction in prices of RLNG, furnace oil, and power purchased from CPPA-G by 17%, 15%, and 29% respectively as compared to September 2022.
Abbott join hands with PIA for raising awareness on child nutrition
You might also like
- Tamasha launches its first original series, ‘Family Bizniss’
- Ufone 4G Launches WhatsApp Chatbot for Hassle-Free Customer Experience
- Reach new heights for Pakistan with Zong 4G
- Spotify’s EQUAL Pakistan Marks its First Anniversary, Announcing Tina Sani as the Ambassador of the Month
- Engro Foundation recognizes NDF, ConnectHear with IATC Impact Awards 2022