Helicopter carrying Indian Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat, wife crashes in Tamil Nadu
An Indian Army chopper carrying Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat, his wife and seven others has been crashed in Tamil Nadu a little after noon on Wednesday (today). General Rawat’s staff and family members were also among the nine people on board, apart from the chopper crew.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has also informed the Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the incident.
Also read: German startup Everphone Raises $200 Million
Three injured people from the crash have been taken to a nearby hospital, but their identities are not confirmed yet, sources said. The crash took place in the Nilgiris, shortly after the Mi-series chopper took off from the army base in Sulur. The chopper was heading to the Wellington defence establishment.
You might also like:
- Dubai Based Fintech YAP Raises $41m to Expand Footprint, Eyes Saudi Market among Others
- Chinese Express Delivery Company Contributes to Pakistan’s Cross-border e-commerce
- Chinese battery maker Gotion to locate a third of its production abroad by 2025
- Telemedicine Platform DrGo Won Global Recognition for Locally Developed Innovation￼
- Crypto Derivatives Leader Bybit Tackles Bear Market by Settling Options in USDC