HABIB METRO Sirat – The Islamic banking brand of HABIBMETRO Bank, organized the first HABIBMETRO Sirat Islamic banking summit which was attended by various stakeholders including SBP, PSX & SECP officials as well as CEO’s and Shariah Board Members of various banks, Shariah scholars, and businessmen.
Easypaisa Launches Visa Debit Card to Facilitate Its Millions of Customers Across Pakistan
The Summit was held in honor of the visit of HABIB METRO Sirat’s Shariah Board Chairman Tan Sri Dr. Daud Bakar, a globally renowned Malaysian Shariah scholar and award-winning author. Dr. Daud is the Founder & Group Chairman of Amanie Group and is a Shariah Board Member of various foreign banks. He has been awarded with ‘The Royal Award for Islamic Finance 2022’ by the King of Malaysia.
During the day-long summit, Tan Sri Dr Daud Bakar held interactive sessions with diverse audience groups and discussed emerging opportunities and challenges in the global Islamic banking industry.
Speaking at the event, Tan Sri Dr. Daud Bakar, said, “I am extremely delighted and privileged to be here in Pakistan and to represent HABIB METRO Bank, which has established itself as one of the most trusted financial institutions here in Pakistan, courtesy its global vision of advancing forward and playing a pivotal role in shaping the Islamic finance sector of the country.”
Mobilink Microfinance Bank wins two awards
The inaugural session of the Summit was presided by Ms. Sima Kamil, Deputy Governor, State Bank of Pakistan. During her address the Deputy Governor said, “Finance is a fundamental pre-requisite for growth of any economy and Islamic finance by virtue of its faith based nature offers inherent synergies with risk and rewards mechanisms which offer an ideal solution. Islamic finance structures are derived from Shariah, which dictates that Islamic financial transactions should be supported by underlying productive activities and emphasizes on a close relationship between financial transactions and the real economy.”
U Microfinance Bank inaugurates its 254th branch situated at Bahadurabad – Karachi
Discussing the challenges faced towards the transformation of conventional banking into Islamic Banking, she added, “The key challenge here is the adequate supply of Islamic finance experts. There is a growing need for qualified Islamic finance professionals who can spearhead the financial industry to the next stage, However, she assured that the State bank of Pakistan remains fully committed to provide all possible support and facilitation to the banks during their conversion process.”
Mr. Mohsin Ali Nathani, President & CEO HABIB METRO while welcoming participation of the esteemed guests at the Banking Summit said, “We are immensely honored to have Tan Sri Dr. Daud Baker, a scholar and author of international repute, chair HABIBMETRO Sirat’s Shariah Board. His visit to Pakistan is an immense learning opportunity for all of us. His guidance and leadership give notable impetus to HABIBMETRO’s Islamic banking segment. His leadership, along with the supportive environment provided by the SBP for promotion of Islamic Banking, will insha’Allah drive meaningful growth in HABIBMETRO Sirat’
4TH Financial Crime Summit Highlights Critical Challenges & Proposes Solutions
HABIBMETRO has been promoting Islamic banking for the last 18 years. The Bank’s vision is in alignment with the government and SBP’s strategic plan for the promotion and growth of Islamic banking in Pakistan. Sirat is a global brand that offers Islamic products in 5 key markets, with Pakistan being the largest market; the Sirat brand was home-grown in Pakistan and exported to UK, UAE, South Africa and Switzerland. In Pakistan, HABIBMETRO Sirat is amongst the top 5 Islamic Banking Windows.
HABIBMETRO Bank is a subsidiary of Habib Bank AG Zurich, which operates in 10 countries across four continents. HABIBMETRO Bank has a network of 500 branches in 194 cities across Pakistan. HABIBMETRO Sirat operates with 61 dedicated branches and 242 windows in 59 cities across Pakistan.
You might also like:
- MMBL and iConsult form Strategic Partnership to Advance Financial Inclusion in Merged Districts– Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL) and International Consulting Associates (Pvt) Ltd. (iConsult) have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to broaden the horizon of financial inclusion for the residents of South Waziristan, North Waziristan, and Khyber Districts. The strategic partnership endeavors to bolster the financial well-being of individuals and communities […]
- Meezan Bank recognized as ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank in the World– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank and one of the largest banks in the country has been recognized as the global winner of ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank’ for 2022, by Islamic Finance News (IFN) of REDmoney Group, Malaysia. The Bank has also achieved a clean sweep of all […]
- Khushhali Microfinance Bank Provides Educational Support to the Students of Haripur & Lala Musa– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading financial institution in Pakistan, which is introducing global standards of banking for the economic growth of the country, while it has a broad-based ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR) program, to ensure the well-being of the wider community. Khushhali Microfinance Bank […]
- HABIBMETRO Bank, IDEMIA, and VISA kick off tokenization & digital card programme– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -KARACHI: In continuation of its innovation journey, HABIBMETRO, in collaboration with VISA, commenced its Tokenization & Digital Card programme by introducing IDEMIA as a solution provider in Pakistan. This initiative was taken to further enhance HABIBMETRO customers’ digital payment experience and make it more secure […]
- Meezan Bank & Fieldfisher Capital to extend Islamic Finance Advisory to Europe & Middle East– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Pakistan: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank, has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Fieldfisher Capital LLP (FFC) – a multi-disciplinary advisory service, under which both parties will collaborate to provide Shariah advisory services to international clients including, but not […]