FedEx Express appoints Woon Tien Long as new MD for Malaysia
FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp has appointed Woon Tien Long (pic) as the new Managing Director of FedEx Express Malaysia. He succeeds Chong Siang Chung, who retired from FedEx after 19 years.
Woon joined FedEx Express Malaysia in 2010 as Senior Engineer for Planning and Engineering. He was promoted to Senior Manager of Operations in 2015 and was responsible for business development in the Northern and Eastern regions of the country. In 2019, he was appointed Managing Director of FedEx Express Thailand, where he led key service enhancements. This includes introducing the first electric delivery vehicle with zero tailpipe emissions and a sustainability initiative to recycle courier uniforms. He was instrumental in strengthening the team’s culture, which has helped the company earn the title of “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” in 2021 and 2022.
In his new role, Woon will lead a team of nearly 900 team members in Malaysia. He will continue to oversee FedEx operations in Thailand until his successor is announced.
- Etisalat by e& Egypt and Mastercard partnership will redefine digital experience and commerce for millions in Egypt– Advertisement — Advertisement – Following the region-wide partnership between e& group and Mastercard, Etisalat by e& Egypt and Mastercard partner to enable Etisalat Cash customers to pay online anywhere in the world Mastercard’s technology will create new digital commerce opportunities and drive deeper engagement through its loyalty platforms for millions in Egypt The partnership […]
- Mastercard and QNB launch “myPOS” tap on phone service for small businesses in Qatar– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Mastercard, a technology leader in the global payment industry, has partnered with QNB, the largest financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, to launch “myPOS” tap on phone service, a new service for micro and small businesses, which allows business owners to accept payments for their products or […]
- Spotify listeners cross half a billion mark– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -March 8 (Reuters) – Spotify Technology SA (SPOT.N) said on Wednesday it would roll out new features like smart shuffle and previews of podcasts and music playlists on its audio streaming platform, as it crossed 500 million in monthly active listeners. The Swedish company, which has invested […]
- Analysis: China role in Saudi, Iran deal a tricky test for US– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -NEW YORK/WASHINGTON, March 10 (Reuters) – The surprise deal between Iran and Saudi Arabia to restore diplomatic ties offers much for the United States to be intrigued about, including a possible path to rein in Tehran’s nuclear program and a chance to cement a ceasefire […]
- Boeing Donates $1 Million to Support STEM NOLA Innovation Hub– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -NEW ORLEANS – The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today announced a $1 million investment in STEM NOLA to support the construction of the organization’s state-of-the-art STEM Innovation Hub. Boeing’s investment will further STEM NOLA’s mission to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) […]