Bank of Punjab becomes first bank to disburse funds under PM Youth Loan Scheme
The Bank of Punjab (BOP) has become the first bank disbursing funds to microfinance providers for the Prime Minister’s Youth Business & Agriculture Scheme (PMYB&ALS). The bank disbursed PKR 100 million to National Rural Support Program (NRSP) under Tier-1 of the scheme for lending to small businesses and farmers. Bank of Punjab is offering both Shariah-compliant and conventional financing solutions to ensure a wide range of aspirant borrowers can take advantage of the scheme.
Mastercard and Network International launch new Artificial Intelligence fraud-prevention solution
Meanwhile, Bank of Punjab is already leading in terms of disbursements and approvals under Tier-2 & Tier-3 among participating banks. The government of Pakistan through State Bank of Pakistan has launched PMYB&ALS to promote entrepreneurship through subsidized financing to small businesses, agriculture, and livestock sectors. The scheme envisages creating job opportunities and improve the economic situation in the country.
Bank Alfalah aims to enhance financial inclusivity for women in rural areas
Zafar Masud (President & CEO – The Bank of Punjab) said, “We are a proud partner of the government for promoting entrepreneurship. We believe this is an effective tool for financial inclusion entrepreneurship. I hope to see more banks and financial institutions stepping forward to promote this initiative.”
- MMBL and iConsult form Strategic Partnership to Advance Financial Inclusion in Merged Districts– Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL) and International Consulting Associates (Pvt) Ltd. (iConsult) have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to broaden the horizon of financial inclusion for the residents of South Waziristan, North Waziristan, and Khyber Districts. The strategic partnership endeavors to bolster the financial well-being of individuals and communities […]
- Meezan Bank recognized as ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank in the World– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank and one of the largest banks in the country has been recognized as the global winner of ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank’ for 2022, by Islamic Finance News (IFN) of REDmoney Group, Malaysia. The Bank has also achieved a clean sweep of all […]
- Khushhali Microfinance Bank Provides Educational Support to the Students of Haripur & Lala Musa– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Islamabad: Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading financial institution in Pakistan, which is introducing global standards of banking for the economic growth of the country, while it has a broad-based ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR) program, to ensure the well-being of the wider community. Khushhali Microfinance Bank […]
- HABIBMETRO Bank, IDEMIA, and VISA kick off tokenization & digital card programme– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -KARACHI: In continuation of its innovation journey, HABIBMETRO, in collaboration with VISA, commenced its Tokenization & Digital Card programme by introducing IDEMIA as a solution provider in Pakistan. This initiative was taken to further enhance HABIBMETRO customers’ digital payment experience and make it more secure […]
- Meezan Bank & Fieldfisher Capital to extend Islamic Finance Advisory to Europe & Middle East– Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement — Advertisement -Karachi: Pakistan: Meezan Bank, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank, has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Fieldfisher Capital LLP (FFC) – a multi-disciplinary advisory service, under which both parties will collaborate to provide Shariah advisory services to international clients including, but not […]